Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ms JOY




When Ms JOY was first born, I was having a very difficult time. As I sat with a legal pad on my lap writing notes, my heart was aching. I felt as though I was screaming inside. On the side of my notes, I began to draw two eyes with exaggerated tears pouring out of them. I looked as I drew three pairs of eyes crying and crying many tears. I felt in my heart, “God, this is me. This is exactly how I am feeling right now. After a couple minutes, the Lord began to say something to me. I sat there amazed as I heard Him say, “Sharon, draw a face using the word JOY.”

I drew the eyes using the J & O, then the Y for the mouth. I immediately thought, “Lord, that is not really You telling me to do this because it doesn’t make sense!!! The eye with the J can’t be closed so it CAN’T be an eye! ! !” Immediately He said, “Sharon, it needs a hat.” I said that I was sorry. As I drew the little hat, that character became something very special to me. Somehow as I looked at this little drawing that a small child could have drawn, all my tears and pain disappeared. I thought, “Thank You, Lord. This little drawing is just between You and me. It is so very simple, but it is truly special to me. It is such a good reminder to me to hold on to my JOY. Thank YOU!!!”

The next morning as my husband and I knelt for our morning prayer time, I began praying. My mind was concentrating on the people that I was praying for, when all of a sudden the Lord began speaking something to me. He brought that little drawing to my mind and said, “Sharon, that is to be called “Ms JOY”. You are to make that a section on the LDW site and tell your funny stories there.” I tried to continue praying, but I couldn’t.

I slowly began to put a few things of Ms JOY onto the site, but hesitated to tell any of my funny stories. Even on Facebook, I made the Ms JOY group, but still hesitated to tell any funny stories. Well, why the hesitation, you might ask. I’m sure that you have never hesitated in doing something, right?

Although JOY has always seemed very important to me, I have been amazed at the number of sour faced Christians I always found myself in the middle of. Frequently I was made to think that perhaps something was wrong with me, because JOY didn’t seem to even be in their thoughts or history, not to mention no where near their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment