Thursday, November 5, 2009

MY BOULDER

Isn't it amazing how more and more problems seem to creep onto your back? Before you know it, you are carrying a boulder full of problems and heaviness. A few years ago while visiting Okinawa, a great storm passed over the island. My daughter and I drove to a nearby beach and saw a large rainbow spanning across the sky above the ocean. It was very beautiful.


We walked out onto high rock cliffs to see the waves, as the water was spraying high into the air. I saw a large boulder and was reminded of the many things I was carrying inside of me. The Lord suddenly began talking to me. He said, "Sharon, look at that boulder. It looks like what you are carrying. It is so heavy and is weighing you down, but you continue to carry it, instead of giving it to me." I knew the Lord was talking to me, but I kept reasoning that some of those things I was carrying were my responsibility. I was supposed to carry them."


As I walked up to the rock, I could sense the heaviness of it.
Just then, the Lord said, "Sharon, go ahead and step up to that boulder as though it is what you are carrying, because that is exactly how I see you. You walk around carrying this huge burden that is not yours to carry. Once you lift your hands and give it to Me, I will take it. I am waiting on you to let go so I can work on those problems. Well??? When are you going to let go?" I stood there thinking about lifting my hands. All of a sudden He said, "Everything??? Are you going to release EVERYTHING into My hands? That is all you have to do. It is that easy. Just release everything over to Me."


In the middle of our fun day out, I had to face myself and the burdens I was carrying. I was being required to make a choice right then and there. As I stood there, I began to realize how heavy I felt most of the time. Although I smiled and looked happy most of the time, I was always very, very heavy. I thought, "Sharon, what in the world are you waiting on? Give EVERYTHING to God. Let GO!!!!!" In just a minute, once I made the choice to let go of everything, OH MY! I became so much lighter.


I don't know what you may be carrying, but I can guarantee that it doesn't matter to God. He will lift it off of you, ONCE YOU LET GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment